Dr. John M. Wiest
- Associate Dean for Research and Economic Development
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Dean’s Office
Areas of Research
- Transport phenomena in polymeric systems
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1986
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Colorado - Boulder, 1981
Dr. John Wiest has served the College of Engineering for over 20 years. He has authored numerous publications and is actively engaged in a variety of professional organizations.
Dr. Wiest’s engineering research deals with rheology and transport phenomena in polymeric and structurally complex systems with emphasis on molecular theories. He is an interdisciplinary researcher who has worked with colleagues on a wide variety of projects funded by both federal and private sponsors.
As Associate Dean for Research, Dr. Wiest works with all faculty and researchers in the College of Engineering to facilitate their accomplishment of our research mission.