Dr. James W. Harris
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Areas of Research
- Reaction Engineering
- Molecular Sieves
- Synthesis and Characterization of Inorganic Solids
- Infrared Spectroscopy
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Purdue University, 2017
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, 2012
Dr. James Harris studies chemical conversion and upgrading of abundant feedstocks over heterogeneous catalysts.
Research themes in the Harris lab include:
– Synthesis and characterization of inorganic solids including zeolites.
– In situ and in operando infrared spectroscopy.
– Heterogeneous catalysis.
– Steady-state and transient kinetic studies.